Design and Illustration
Chris Olson is Colorado-based illustrator and surface pattern designer passionate about creating colorful and lush designs. Chris designs original artwork and surface pattern designs for stationery, textiles, apparel and home furnishings. You can contact her for commissions and licensing via her contact page. Her design services include surface patterns, graphic design, hand drawn artwork, vector illustration, seamless repeat patterns, illustrator art in repeat, and photoreal surface pattern designs.
Chris is experienced in developing art and designs to a creative brief for Surtex and Inception trade shows as well as creative briefs for brands and design studios. She was honored and delighted to receive the Pattern Observer Award for Excellence. You can read the details about the Pattern Observer Award for Excellence here. Visit Chris Olson's design blog Pattern Bliss to get a sneak peek of her recent illustrations and designs.
Exclusive Access to Chris Olson's Full Pattern Library Online
Would you like to see more of Chris Olson's pattern collections? Her pattern library on her online portfolio is password protected. Access to this online portfolio is available to manufacturers, licensees, art directors, etc. Here you can select patterns from her portfolio, browse print collections and commission custom artwork or additional surface patterns.
If you are a Licensee or Manufacturer, we invite you to visit her Client Login page and request access to her password protected online portfolio.
Design and Illustration Services
Here are just a few of the design services you can request.
- Create custom artwork, designs and repeat patterns for apparel, lifestyle products, accessories, home decor, stationery and textiles to fit both your customer and your brand's needs.
- Create art/designs according to a creative brief.
- Prepare technically correct repeats of my original designs or pattern designs by others.
- Research market trends and combine that information with the needs of the brand/consumer and my artistic style to develop original patterns that enhance your brand.
- Develop unique pattern collections in multiple colorways.
- Recolor Art and Patterns for apparel, home decor, and stationery.
- Prepare color indexing and color separations for print production.
- Create vector artwork for print production.
- Prepare production-ready files in Photoshop or Illustrator for your manufacturer.
Visit Chris Olson's design blog Pattern Bliss to get a sneak peek of her recent illustrations and designs.