One aspect of my work that I really enjoy is using my artwork to create rich media. Turning my holiday deer illustration into a short movie was an easy 8-step process with a few mini steps in each.
- Create hand drawn artwork.
- Import artwork into Photoshop to use as the background layer.
- Create several layers of snow to animate in the next step.
- Use the animation feature in Photoshop to create several frames to animate the falling snow.
- At this point you have an animated gif. To add more features import the gif into iMovie.
- In iMovie include the "Ken Burns Effect" which adds panning and zooming to still imagery in the video production. (In iMovie 2014, go to the crop tool to find this effect.)
- Add a soundtrack using iMovie/iLife sound effects.
- Make it official with a title. If you want to share the movie on Instagram, center the title so it does not get cropped out.
Have fun. You can see my movie above and on Instagram.